Are you looking for a simple and easy to cook Chinese sweet and sour chicken stir fry recipe? Here is one of the great recipes that my family use. When you follow this recipe step by step, you can cook a delicious sweet and sour chicken even you are not Chinese.
Simple Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
The following recipe is for 4 people.
- 650 gr. of Chicken Breast
- 350 gr. of Red peppers
- 4 Slices of Pineapple (1 cm. each)
- 15 gr. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Sauce:
- 20 gr. of Tomato concentrate
- 140 gr. of Sugar
- 150 gr. of White vinegar
- 50 gr. of Water
For the Batter:
- 150 gr. of Wheat flour
- 200 gr. of Water Pinch of salt
- 800 gr. of cooking oil or any types of healthy seed oil
- Start with the sauce.
- In a saucepan put the sugar and the water, and heat over a low flame to melt the sugar.
- Bring to boil, then add vinegar and add in also the syrup obtained by mixing the tomato concentrate with a ladle.
- When the tomato concentrate is completely dissolved turn off the flame.
- Take care of the pineapple. Remove the top cover and cut it into slices, then remove the peel on each slice. At this point, remove the center and cut each slice into small parts of the same size.
- Add peppers: cut them in half, remove the filaments and the seeds, and then cut into little pieces too.
- Take the chicken breast and cut it first into steaks and then into small sticks.
- In the meantime, prepare the batter: in a bowl, add the flour, pouring the cold water at the same time, mixing it quickly with a whisk until smooth and with no lumps. Add the salt and put to one side
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, fry the seed oil until it reaches 180°.
- One by one, dip the chicken morsels in the batter and then immediately place them in oil.
- Cooking will take just a few minutes. They will be ready when they show a crunchy crust.
- Drain the chicken nuggets with a skimmer and let them dry on a tray covered with absorbent paper.
- In a wok, warm a line of olive oil then add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes, adding the pineapple and the chicken.
- Sprinkle the preparation with the soft-salted sauce set aside earlier.
- Cook for 2 minutes and serve hot.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.