What is Mung Bean Dal?
Mung beans dal is one of the healthy cuisines in Asia. Mung beans also called Vigna radiate, is a small green bean that belongs to the legume family. Mung bean is native to India but later become popular in China and many parts of Southeast Asia country. Dal is a type of thick lentil stew in South Asia.
Mung Bean Dahl Recipe
1 cup dried mung beans
4 cups water, divided
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1 teaspoon ria seed (small black mustard seed)
2 cups Tomato Gravy
Ingredients to make 2-4 cups tomato gravy
4 medium tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt
2 cloves garlic, peeled
3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- Add mung beans, 2 cups water, and butter to a 4–6-quartpressure cooker. Cook at medium heat until the mung beans have become very soft, about 10–15 minutes.
In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and add cumin and ria seeds. Cook for 4–6 minutes, or until theseeds start to pop. Make sure they don’t burn.
- Make tomato gravy: Combine tomatoes, salt, garlic, and turmeric powder and blenduntil smooth.
- Add Tomato Gravy. Add mung bean mixture and 2 cups water.
- Cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Serve hot.
- Kung Pao Chicken with Easy-to-follow Recipe
- Simple Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Healthy Spinach and Vegetable Soup Recipe
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.